Secret Art Sale January 25-27, 2019
UNLOCK THE SECRET!
The Frank Bette Center for the Arts is holding the Third Annual Secret Art Sale from January 25-27, 2019. (January 25th • 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm, January 26th 11:00 am to 7:00 am and 27th, 11:00 am to 2:00 pm), a fundraiser benefitting the Frank Bette Center of the Arts and participating Alameda school. It is modeled after the Springs Mystery Art Sale in East Hampton, NY, where students and professional artists and designers created postcard-sized artworks to be exhibited and sold anonymously for the same small price.
Artists and Alameda school students are invited to contribute a piece of 5”x7” art to be exhibited at The South Shore Center between Charming Charlie's and Old Navy on the back parking lot. from January 25 to 27, 2019. All the artwork must be signed ONLY on the back to keep the artists’ identity a secret. The artwork will be displayed and sold for $20 each throughout the show. The “secret” will be revealed at the end of the exhibition when the art collectors discover whether they have invested in a valuable piece of art from a well-known artist or celebrity or a masterpiece from a talented student artist.
We hope you will be generous in donating an art piece to the Frank Bette Secret Art Sale and/or attending the exhibit and purchasing Art. All proceeds will be split between the Frank Bette Center for the Arts and proportionally among the participating Alameda schools.
The event will take place at The South Shore Center(specific location TBD)
Drop off artwork to: Frank Bette Center for the Arts 1601 Paru Street, Alameda, December 1-23 • Thursday - Sunday • 11-5 or January 13 or 20, 2019 •11-3 or make other arrangements by emailing Glenda McDowell at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preview and purchase art: : Friday, January 25th from 3:00 pm to 7:00pm, and Saturday, January 26th 11:00 am to 7:00 pm and Sunday, January 27 from 11:00am to 2:00pm
For instructions on submitting your work, please see the following guidelines. For additional information or questions please contact Glenda McDowell at email@example.com
Thank you, The Frank Bette Secret Art Sale Team
We ask you to consider a sponsorship donation.
Your donation will be recognized at our event and is tax deductible.
Personal donations of any size are greatly appreciated. Every dollar helps the students of Alameda. You can donate online by clicking the link below or kindly sending a check to this address:
Frank Bette Center for the Arts
1601 Paru Street
Alameda, CA 94501
Please indicate it's for the Secret Art Sale.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit all donations are tax deductible.
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
ART WORK SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Submit your original artwork on any heavy weight (140 lb or heavier) watercolor paper or photography paper as long as it is
presented in a 5”x 7” size. Alternatively, the Frank Bette Center for the Arts will be pleased to provide you with paper should
you require it (please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org). Paper can be picked up at the Frank Bette Art Center,
1601 Paru St. Alameda.
- Please do not frame, matt or attach hanging hooks, wire etc.
- Any medium may be used (paint, pencil, ink, charcoal, collage, photography, etc.) May be two-dimensional or three-dimensional
(as long at it is not heavy).
- Each artist may submit one to five pieces, each of 5”x7” in size. We may be rotating more pieces in as ones are sold.
- Print and sign your name on the back of your artwork and include website or contact info as appropriate. Do not sign on the front
(to keep your identity secret).
- Artists, please include contact details and a little bio that can be added to an informational binder at the gallery.
- Drop off the artwork to The Frank Bette Center for the Arts, 1601 Paru Street, Alameda, January 15-18, 2019 (11:00am to 5:00pm) or make other arrangements by email: email@example.com
- All submitted artwork will be displayed alongside the studentsʼ work. Hope you can make it!
- The artwork will be available for purchase for $20.00 throughout the exhibition.
- All purchased art MUST be collected upon purchase.