Alameda On Camera for Adults
Application deadline: 5:00 pm Sunday, January 21
Application fee: $40 (Changes to $50 after January 21 until 5:00 pm February 4)
11th ANNUAL ALAMEDA ON CAMERA
Alameda on Camera is an annual, juried event conducted throughout the City of Alameda. For 48 hours, beginning 9:00pm Friday and ending 9:00 pm Sunday, 48 photo-based artists roam the City of Alameda and capture images of neighborhood, favorite places, secret hideaways and, if they choose, spotlight families, friends and famous (and infamous!) town characters.
48 Hour Challenge: 9:00 pm Friday, February 23 through
9:00 pm Sunday, February 25
Alameda On Camera Exhibit: April 6 - May 26
Youth Alameda on Camera
Middle school - high school students may apply
Application deadline 5:00 pm Sunday, February 4
Application fee: $5.00
How Alameda on Camera works
- Beginning early December, Frank Bette Center for the Arts begins to remind the artistic community about the upcoming Alameda on Camera.
- Potential entrants can visit the Bette to pick up or download that year's Schedule, Prospectus, and Application. The application process has a deadline.
- As part of the application process, photographers submit images to the Alameda on Camera selection committee.
- From these submissions, 48 photographers are selected by the jury to participate in the annual event.
- At a Friday evening reception at the Center each artist chooses from a hat one of 48 sections of the map of Alameda. This section is the area within which the artist has 48 hours to photograph.
- Photographers shoot images within their area boundaries area for the next 48 hours.
For more information contact Taggart Gorman.
2017 Alameda On Camera Award Winners