Secret Art Sale January 27 - 29, 2017
UNLOCK THE SECRET!
The Frank Bette Center for the Arts is holding the Second Annual Secret Art Sale from (January 27th • 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm, January 28th and 29th, 11:00 am to 5:00 pm), a fundraiser benefitting the Frank Bette Center of the Arts and participating Alameda school. It is modeled after the Springs Mystery Art Sale in East Hampton, NY, where students and professional artists and designers created postcard-sized artworks to be exhibited and sold anonymously for the same small price.
Alameda school students are inviting you to contribute a piece of 5”x7” art to be exhibited with their work at The South Shore Center from January 27 to 29, 2017. All the artwork must be signed ONLY on the back to keep the artists’ identity a secret. The artwork will be displayed and sold for $20 each throughout the show. The “secret” will be revealed at the end of the exhibition when the art collectors discover whether they have invested in a valuable piece of art from a well-known artist or celebrity or a masterpiece from a talented student artist.
We hope you will be generous in donating an art piece to the Frank Bette Secret Art Sale and/or attending the exhibit and purchasing Art. All proceeds will be split between the Frank Bette Center for the Arts and proportionally among the participating Alameda schools.
The event will take place at The South Shore Center
across from Trabocco at Center Court.
Drop off dates: January 13-15, 11 am - 5 pm at the Frank Bette Center for the Arts
Preview and purchase art: : Friday from 3:00 pm to 7:00pm, (January 27th) and Saturday and Sunday from 11:00am to 5:00pm (January 28th and 29th) at The South Shore Center across from Trabocco at Center Court.
For instructions on submitting your work, please see the following guidelines. For additional information or questions please contact Mark Schwabl at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, The Frank Bette Secret Art Sale Team
We ask you to consider a sponsorship donation.
Your donation will be recognized at our event and is tax deductible.
Personal donations of any size are greatly appreciated. Every dollar helps the students of Alameda. You can donate online by clicking the link below or kindly sending a check to this address:
Frank Bette Center for the Arts
PO Box 1007
Alameda, CA 94501
Please indicate it's for the Secret Art Sale.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit all donations are tax deductible.
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
ART WORK SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Submit your original artwork on any heavy weight (140 lb or heavier) watercolor paper or photography paper as long as it is presented in a 5”x 7” size. Alternatively, the Frank Bette Center for the Arts will be pleased to provide you with paper should you require it (please contact us at email@example.com). Paper can be picked up at the Frank Bette Art Center, 1601 Paru St. Alameda.
- Please do not frame, matt or attach hanging hooks, wire etc.
- Any medium may be used (paint, pencil, ink, charcoal, collage, photography, etc.) May be two-dimensional or three-dimensional (as long at it is not heavy).
- Each artist may submit one to five pieces, each of 5”x7” in size. We may be rotating more pieces in as ones are sold.
- Print and sign your name on the back of your artwork and include website or contact info as appropriate. Do not sign on the front (to keep your identity secret).
- Artists, please include contact details and a little bio that can be added to an informational binder at the gallery.
- Drop off the artwork to The Frank Bette Center for the Arts, 1601 Paru Street, Alameda, January 13-15, 2017 (11:00am to 5:00pm) or make other arrangements by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submitted artwork will be displayed alongside the studentsʼ work at South Shore Center January 27th (3:00 - 7:00 pm) and January the 28th and 29th (11:00am-5:00pm) Hope you can make it!
- The artwork will be available for purchase for $20.00 throughout the exhibition.
- All purchased art must be collected upon purchase.
- Any unsold Artist work may be picked up after the show at the Frank Bette Center through the month of January, purchased back by the artist for $20.00, or donated directly to the Frank Bette Center; please make arrangements by email: email@example.com
For Schools For Artists